Hardware: Parts processed from steel or some non-ferrous metals, processing methods: cold/hot stamping, extrusion, rolling, welding, cutting, etc. also include some other processes with a wide range of definitions.
Stampings: Most used in metal machining refers to the use of steel/non-ferrous metal and other sheet metal molds at room temperature. The pressure required for processing is provided by the press to form the specified shape.
Metal stamping parts are widely used in all areas of our lives, including some electronic devices, auto parts, decorative materials and so on. We usually say stamping parts generally refers to cold stamping parts, for example, a piece of iron plate, want to turn it into a fast food plate, you must first design a set of molds, the mold's work surface is the shape of the plate, Pressing the iron plate with a mold will become the plate you want. This is the cold stamping, that is, directly stamping the hardware material with the mold.
Metal stampings testing
Hardness testing of metal stampings uses Rockwell hardness tester. Small, complex-shaped stampings can be used to test flat surfaces that cannot be measured on an ordinary bench Rockwell hardness tester.
Stamping processing includes punching, bending, deep drawing, forming, finishing and other processes. The stamped parts are mainly made of hot-rolled or cold-rolled (based on cold-rolled) sheet metal materials such as carbon steel sheets, alloy steel sheets, spring steel sheets, galvanized sheets, tinplates, stainless steel sheets, copper and copper alloys. Plates, aluminum and aluminum alloy plates.
The PHP series portable surface Rockwell hardness tester is very suitable for testing the hardness of these stampings. Alloy stampings are the most commonly used parts in metal processing and mechanical manufacturing. Stamping parts processing is a method of separating or forming a metal strip using a mold. Its application is very broad.
The main purpose of hardness testing of stamped parts is to determine whether the degree of annealing of the purchased sheet metal is suitable for stamping parts to be subsequently processed. Different types of stamping parts processing technology require sheets of different hardness levels. Aluminium alloy plates used for stamping parts can be tested with a Vickers hardness tester. When the material thickness is greater than 13 mm, a Barcol hardness tester can be used. A pure aluminum plate or a low hardness aluminum alloy plate should be a Barcol hardness tester.
In the stamping industry, stamping, as described by Shenzhen Chuangxing Hardware Factory, is sometimes referred to as sheet forming, but it is slightly different. The so-called sheet metal forming method refers to a method of forming plastic materials by using a plate material, a thin-walled tube, or a thin profile material as a raw material. These methods are collectively referred to as sheet metal forming. At this time, deformation of the thick plate direction is generally not considered.
Hardware stamping parts design principles
(1) The stamped parts designed must meet product use and technical performance, and can be easily assembled and repaired.
(2) The stamped parts designed must be conducive to improve the utilization of metal materials, reduce the variety and specification of materials, and reduce the consumption of materials as much as possible. Wherever possible, inexpensive materials are used to make parts as waste-free and as little as possible.
(3) The designed stamped parts must be simple in shape and reasonable in structure to facilitate the simplification of the mold structure and simplify the number of processes, that is, to complete the processing of the entire part with the least number and the most simple stamping process, to reduce the use of other methods of processing, and to facilitate the stamping operation. It facilitates the organization of mechanized and automated production to increase labor productivity.
(4) Designed stamping parts, as far as possible to ensure the normal use of the situation, as far as possible to make dimensional accuracy grade and surface roughness level requirements lower, and is conducive to product interchange, reduce waste, ensure product quality and stability.
(5) Stampings designed should be conducive to the use of existing equipment, process equipment and process as much as possible to process it, and is conducive to the extension of the service life of the die.
Metal stamping parts application range
(1) Stamping in the automotive industry. To deepen the main. In China, this part is mainly concentrated in large factories such as automobile plants, tractor plants, and aircraft manufacturers. It is not uncommon for independent large-scale stamping and deep drawing plants to be established.
(2) Stamping of components such as automobiles. Mainly punch forming. Many of the companies in this sector are classified as standard parts factories and there are also some independent stamping factories. At present, there are many such small factories near some automobile factories or tractor factories.
(3) Electrical device stamping factory. This kind of factory is a new industry, which developed along with the development of electrical appliances. This department factory is mainly concentrated in the south such as Shenzhen Hardware Factory.
(4) Daily life stamping factory. To do some crafts, tableware, etc., these plants also have great development in recent years.
(5) Household Appliance Parts Stamping Factory. These factories only started after the development of our home appliances, and most of them were distributed in home appliance companies.
(6) Special stamping enterprises. Such as air stamping, etc. belong to such enterprises, but these process plants are also owned by some large factories.