Metal Stamping Parts Frequently Questions
1. Burrs: In the process of punching or trimming, there is not enough material left in the process. The burrs are generated at the lower part of the section of the steel plate. When the burr height is 0.2mm or more, the iron powder will damage the die and produce bumps. .
2. Convex and concave: The surface of the material is abnormally raised or sunken, which is caused by the foreign matter (iron filings, dust) mixed in the winding wire.
3. Roll printing: The cleaning roller or feeding roller is caused by the attachment of foreign matter (occurs at a fixed pitch). Under normal circumstances, the roller printing on the sheet material can be removed.
4. Slippage: Occurs when a sudden stop or acceleration occurs due to a roller slippage.
5. Coil crushing may be edge wrinkles: the guide roller of the unwinding line may or may not produce the wrinkling situation when the gap between the guide rollers on the die is small.
6. Scratches: The main cause of scratches on the parts. There are sharp marks on the mold or metal dust particles fall into the mold. Prevent measures to repair the damage on the mold and remove metal dust.
7. Bottom cracking: The main reason for the cracking of the bottom of the part is the poor plasticity of the material or the over-pressing of the presser edge of the mold. Preventive measures are to replace the plastic with better material or to relax the blank holder.
8. Wrinkles on the side wall: The main cause of wrinkles on the side wall of the part is that the thickness of the material is not enough (thickness is smaller than the minimum allowable thickness) or eccentricity occurs when the upper and lower molds are installed, resulting in large gaps on one side and small gaps on the other side. Preventive measures for the immediate replacement of materials and re-adjust the mold.