The piston assembly includes: a piston, a piston ring, a support ring, a piston rod, and the like. Depending on the type of construction, the piston can be divided into a cylindrical piston (longer than the diameter), a disc piston (longer than the diameter), a stepped piston, a combined piston and a plunger piston.
Role of the piston rod
The function of the piston rod is to connect the piston and the crosshead, transmit the force acting on the piston and drive the piston to move.
Basic requirements for the piston rod:
(1) have sufficient strength, rigidity and stability;
(2) Good wear resistance and high processing precision and surface roughness requirements;
(3) Minimize the effects of stress concentration on the structure;
(4) Ensure reliable connection and prevent loosening;
(5) The design of the piston rod structure is to facilitate the disassembly and assembly of the piston